EPFO has removed the applicable capping regarding the last date for higher pension to the eligible members of the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS). This has opened up the option of contribution towards higher pension for all the members of EPS.
EPFO has asked eligible members to apply on the official portal. Some documents will be required before the application, without which the application will not be successful.
In the circular issued by EPFO on March 13, 2023, it has been said that the last date for application for higher pension for all members of EPS has been extended to May 3, 2023. EPFO has removed the capping applicable for some members earlier. With this, now the option of online application has been opened for all. Applicants can opt for joint option with the employer through the link given on the EPFO website.
Documents required for higher pension application
Some documents are very important for higher pension application, without which the application process will not be completed. EPFO has shared information about the required documents related to the application in its circular dated February 20.
- Keep your Universal Account Number (UAN) with you while applying.
- The Aadhaar number, name and date of birth of the member should be available in the records of EPFO.
- The applicant must have a mobile number linked to Aadhaar as per the records of UIDAI.
- Proof of joint option required under para 26(6) of the EPF scheme attested by the employer at the time of application.
- It is necessary to have the proof of joint option under the erstwhile para 11(3) attested by the employer.
- Applicants should have proof of deposit in PF account on salary exceeding the salary limit of Rs 5,000/ Rs 6,500.
- There should be a written denial proof of any EPFO official on request or deposit for more pension.
Online Application Process for EPS Higher Pension
- Visit the EPS Member e-Service Portal – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- After this, by selecting ‘pension on higher salary’, choose the option of using the joint option.
- Now a new page will open. Here select the application form for joint options.
- Now fill UAN, name, date of birth, Aadhaar number, mobile number linked to Aadhaar and captcha code details and click on Get OTP option.
- After this OTP password will come on the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar.
- After entering the OTP, verify your details.
- If any adjustment is to be made from provident fund to pension fund or re-deposit in the fund, then your consent will be sought in the application form. If funds are required to be transferred from Exempted Provident Fund Trust to Pension Fund, you will be required to submit a declaration to this effect along with interest till the date of payment.
- Now you have to make sure that all the information entered in the form is correct.
- Click on submit for final submission of application.
- On successful submission of the application form, a receipt number will be generated. This number is important for the future, keep it safe.