ITR Due Date Extension: Is the date for filing ITR extended or not? Know the latest update from the government here


Income Tax Return: According to the update given by the Income Tax Department in the last days, more than four crore ITRs have been filed. However, some taxpayers still believe that the last date for filing ITR will be extended by the Finance Ministry. At the same time, it is being said continuously on behalf of the government that the date of filing ITR will not be extended further.

- Advertisement -

Appeal to extend ITR date 

Many users on social media are appealing to the government to extend the date of ITR. Many people have also complained that they have faced errors on the e-filing website while trying to file returns. However, the Income Tax Department believes that unless there is a major problem with the e-filing portal, no change should be made in the last date.

New update on the last date of ITR

The petition to extend the last date is done every year on behalf of tax payers. Earlier, a big campaign was launched on social media to advance the fixed date for the assessment year 2022-23 as well. Some tax professionals even say that the ITR due date should be permanently shifted from July 31 to August 31.

Government not looking to extend the date

Although several reports have confirmed that despite being sympathetic to the problems faced by the people due to floods in some parts of the country and violence in Manipur, the government is looking to extend the date Not thinking. Based on the returns filed till July 26, it is clear that taxpayers should not wait for any extension. There are still three days left for the July 31 deadline. Therefore, the taxpayers who have not yet filed the return should file their return.

Data on the e-filing website showed that over 4.75 crore ITRs have been filed till July 26. Apart from this, ITRs of 4.2 crore taxpayers have been verified.

Where to file ITR and things to keep in mind

You can file your return directly on the e-filing website or through any tax-filing website. These websites charge a nominal fee for filing returns. You can also take the help of a CA to file the return on your behalf.

- Advertisement -