EPFO Alert: Under the Employees Pension Scheme, 1995 (EPS 1995), eligible pensioners have extended the last date to apply for the benefit of the scheme of more pension. Now applications can apply for this till May 3.
For the employees who retired before September 2014, the last date of this scheme was earlier March 3, 2023. The Labor Ministry said in a statement on Monday that now, on the demand of the workers/employers union, chairman, the Central Board of Trustees has decided to extend the last date for receiving applications from such workers to May 3, 2023. Let us also tell you how you can apply online to get higher pension.
This is how you can apply by visiting the EPFO portal
- Go to the Member e-Services Portal.
- Click on the higher pension present on the pension, use the joint option.
- Select ‘Application Form for Joint Option’.
- Add details including UAN, name, DOB, Aadhaar number, mobile number linked to Aadhaar and captcha.
- Enter the OTP received on your Aadhaar-registered mobile number.
- submit application.
- An acknowledgment number will be generated on submission of the application form.
How to check your service history and joining date on EPFO portal?
- Visit the Member e-Service Portal, which can be accessed at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Enter Universal Account Number (UAN), Password and Captcha to login.
- Now choose Service History from the View menu.
- The ‘Service History’ option displays the list of organizations the person has worked for. Check the date you joined the DOJ or any organization.
- If the portal displays DOJ before 1st September 2014, then the person is eligible to apply for High Pension. If the person changes jobs after this date, they will still be able to opt for higher pension as long as their pension account is active with EPFO.