EPF E-Nomination: To avail various benefits, retirement fund body EPFO has urged the members to complete their e-nomination process. EPFO has not yet set any time limit for filing e-nomination, however, it is urging everyone to file e-nomination to provide social security to their families. An EPF member does not require the approval or request of his employer to file his e-nomination and can do it online through the UAN portal.
Benefits of e-nomination
– EPFO said that the member family can claim settlement online on the death of the member after filing e-nomination.
– Online payment of PF, pension and insurance up to Rs 7 lakh to eligible nominees will be done with paperless and quick claim settlement.
In order to avail Provident Fund (PF), Pension (EPS), and Insurance (EDLI) benefits, a nomination must be made in one’s EPF account.
How to register e-nomination
– Members can visit the official EPFO UAN portal epfindia.gov.in
Click on Services and select ‘For Employees’ and subsequently click on ‘Member UAN/Online Service’.
– Log in using UAN and Password
Now, under the ‘Manage’ tab, select the ‘e-Nomination’ option
– Under the ‘Provide Details’ tab that appears on the screen, click ‘Save’
– Now click on ‘Yes’ to update the family declaration
Now click on ‘Add Family Details’ to add the details of the family member in the e-nomination form. More than one nominee can also be added
Click on ‘Nomination Details’ to declare the total amount of shares.
Next, click on ‘Save EPF Nomination’. Click on ‘e-Sign’ to generate OTP and submit the OTP received on Aadhaar linked mobile number and process is now complete.