Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has opened the online link for higher pension application to EPS members. Now the eligible applicants can submit the application before the deadline through the link given on the EPFO portal as per the rules. Option to apply on EPFO is now available.
EPFO clarified instructions on other points including deadline, application process and eligibility, clearing the way for the members of the Employees Pension Scheme (EPS) to opt for higher pension in a circular dated 20 February 2023. With this, EPFO has now released the online link for application on the portal e-Service Portal – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/. With its help, members can apply for higher pension.
Eligible members can apply online
EPFO has accepted the request for higher pension of employees who have compulsorily contributed more salary to the pension scheme under the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) scheme and before their retirement Has opted for enhanced pension coverage. EPFO said that the employees who had contributed salary in excess of the erstwhile wage limit of Rs 5,000 or Rs 6,500 and the employees who opted under the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) with the revised scheme while being members of EPS-95 , he is eligible for higher pension coverage.
Higher pension application deadline May 3
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization has allowed members to exceed the limit of pensionable salary of Rs 15,000 per month. For this, the employee and the employer can do a joint sign up on the EPFO website and request the EPFO to deduct 8.33 per cent of the higher monthly basic pay. The last date for application has been made 3 May 2023, which was earlier 3 March 2023.
These documents will be required for the application
- EPS members will have to submit several documents to get the benefit of higher pension which are as follows-
- Proof of joint option u/s 26(6) of EPF scheme attested by employer.
- Proof of joint option under erstwhile para 11(3) attested by the employer.
- Proof of credit of provident fund account on salary exceeding the salary limit of Rs.5,000/- Rs.6,500.
- Proof of contribution to Pension Fund on salary in excess of Rs.5,000/Rs.6,500.
- Written refusal certificate from any higher official of APFC or EPFO on request or deposit for higher pension.