ITR Filing Checklist: You should also file income tax return. You may face many problems when you file income tax on the last date. Because the server gets down at the last moment.
The last date to file income tax return is coming. There will be many people who have not yet filed the return. 31st July is the last date to file ITR. Those who do not file ITR on time, action is taken against them by the Income Tax Department.
That’s why you should also file income tax return as soon as possible. You may face many problems after the last date to file income tax. Because the server gets down at the last moment. Along with this, the possibility of making many mistakes also increases.
Avoid These Mistakes While Filing Returns ( ITR Filing Checklist)
- If you are employed then you must have Form 16. Which is given to you by the company. In this form, you have complete information about the tax levied on your salary.
- It is also necessary to check Form 26AS before filing the return. Which contains all the information. If there is any wrong information then it may take 7 to 10 days to get it corrected. That’s why start the process of filing income tax return well in advance.
- You will also need the Annual Information Statement. That’s why prepare it beforehand.
- If you have invested in any stock or mutual fund, then information about capital gain has to be taken.
- You have to give information about all the sources of your income. Like earning from interest somewhere, investing in crypto, its information or other earnings. You have to give all the details.
- While filing income tax return, if you have given half incomplete information or have not mentioned any income, then you may have to face problems for that too.
- Do not file income tax return in haste. After filling the form, it is necessary to read it several times.