New Delhi. The central government is running many types of schemes to provide financial assistance to all sections of the country. One of these schemes is PM Vishwakarma Yojana. This scheme started on 17 September 2023. In this scheme, the government gives loans at cheap interest rates to start business.
In this scheme, the government gives loans to increase traditional skills. A loan of Rs 3 lakh is given in this scheme. Only 18 traders get the benefit of this scheme.
Terms and conditions of the scheme
- Only Indian citizens can apply for the scheme.
- Loan will be available only on one of the 18 works decided by the government.
- The age of the applicant for the scheme should be 18 to 50 years.
- Applicant must have skill certificate from a recognized institute.
- The benefit of the scheme will be available only to those applicants who belong to any one of the 140 castes.
Objective of PM Vishwakarma Scheme
This scheme was started with the aim of developing traditional skills. The benefit of this scheme is available to artisans having traditional skills like goldsmith, blacksmith, barber etc.
Through this scheme, on one hand, it provides financial help in starting a new business and on the other hand, it provides financial help to artisans and craftsmen.
In this scheme, loan is given in two phases. In the first phase, a loan of Rs 1 lakh is given and in the second phase, a loan of Rs 2 lakh is given. The beneficiary has to pay interest at the rate of 5 percent on the loan.
Under PM Vishwakarma Yojana, training is also given to the beneficiaries along with the loan. Along with training, a stipend of Rs 500 per day is given. Apart from this, Vishwakarma certificate is also given on completion of training.
The government provides an amount of Rs 15,000 as a toolkit.
They will get loan
- boat builders
- Goldsmith, pottery maker (potter)
- Raj Mistri
- fish trappers
- tool kit manufacturer
- stone breakers
- cobbler/shoe artisan
- basket/mat/broom makers
- Doll and other toy manufacturers (traditional)
- garland makers
How to apply
- You have to go to pmvishwakarma.gov.in.
- Now click on Apply Online.
- After this register.
- Now a message will come on the registered mobile number regarding the registration number and password.
- After this fill the application form.
- After filling the form, scan and upload the document.
- Submit after checking all the information.
- Aadhaar Card (Aadhaar Certificate)
- income certificate
- id proof
- caste certificate
- bank passbook
- mobile number
- Address proof
- passport size photo