The UAN number is linked to the EPF account of all members, irrespective of the number of companies they have worked in. You can link your mobile number to UAN online sitting at home.
Earlier, job seekers had to go through the trouble of maintaining multiple EPF accounts. To deal with this, Universal Account Number (UAN) was introduced. UAN is a 12-digit special identification number allotted to every EPF member. It is necessary for the UAN number to be linked to the member’s mobile number.
UAN is linked to the EPF accounts of all members, irrespective of the number of companies they have worked for. It also provides various online facilities to the members including the process of monitoring their EPF contributions and account balance, provided the UAN number is linked to the mobile number. Let us know here how we can link the two.
Step by step process of linking
- First of all go to EPFO member portal.
- Log in to your account by entering your UAN number and password here.
- When the home page opens, go to the Manage section.
- Select Contact Details option here.
- Now click on Change Mobile Number button.
- Enter your new mobile number and confirm it by entering it again.
- Now click on Get Authorization PIN button.
- An OTP will be sent to your newly given mobile number. Enter the OTP in the given field and click on the Submit button.
- Your mobile number will be successfully linked with your UAN.
Benefits of linking
When your mobile number is linked with the UAN number, you get access to a series of internet based services linked to your EPF account. This includes the facility to check account balance, passbook, withdrawal claims, modify contact details, update your KYC information, submit e-nomination, monitor the status of your claims and request transfer of your EPF account between employers. Is.