Income Tax: If these 5 earnings are not mentioned in ITR, then notice will come from Income Tax Department


The date for filing income tax return has been kept as 31st July. This date will not be extended further. That’s why those who have not filed ITR, do it ahead of time. Many times people make small mistakes while filing ITR. Due to which they may have to face trouble further. There are many such things that if you ignore while filing the return, then the notice of the Income Tax Department can also come.

- Advertisement -

Must file these things in the return –

Give information about children’s accounts

If you have invested anything in the name of your child and you are getting income from it, then you will have to register it while filing income tax return. Many times it happens that parents get bank accounts opened in the name of minor children. Let’s invest in his name. But do not include the interest income received in your total taxable income. For this, you can also get a notice from the Income Tax Department. By adding this income to your income, a benefit of Rs 1500 can also be taken.

return of savings bank account

While filing returns, people often forget to include the interest earned from savings bank account in their total income. Because they ignore it considering it as a small income. You also need to include this in ITR. In this, you can also claim a rebate of ten thousand rupees under section 80TTA within one year.

Include accrued interest as well.

Accrued interest means the income from interest is also your income. In which payment will be made only on maturity. TDS will be taken in this. You have to file all your investments in ITR.

Return on investment

While filing the return, you must also show the return on investment. If you have invested in Public Provident Fund, then the interest earned in it is tax free. That’s why you have to show it as your income.

Information about investments made abroad

If you have made any investments abroad. Which holdings, foreign funds, property also you have to show while filing ITR.

- Advertisement -