There has been talk of linking PAN and Aadhaar for two years, but till now crores of PAN holders have not linked their Aadhaar. Such people feel that this is a useless work, then they must see this warning of the Income Tax Department.
The department had made the request till now, but now the warning is going on regarding this. The department has clearly said that if PAN and Aadhaar are not linked till June 30 (Pan-Aadhaar Link Deadline), then many problems may have to be faced.
The Income Tax Department has said that if you do not link your PAN and Aadhaar by June 30, 2023, then first of all your PAN card will become inoperative. This means that you will not be able to use your PAN wherever PAN is required. Along with this, many works under the Income Tax Act will stop without PAN.
- These 4 works will be closed
- If you have any income tax refund outstanding, then after the PAN is deactivated, its refund will not be available.
- You will not even get any interest on this refund stuck in the Income Tax Department. Under sub-section (4) of the Income Tax Act, no interest will be given on the refund by the department until your PAN is re-activated.
- If you have any tax arrears under Chapter XVIIB of the Income Tax Department and you have to deposit it, then due to PAN being inoperative, you will have to pay tax at a higher rate under section 206AA.
- Even under Chapter XVII-BB of the Income Tax Act, if any taxpayer has to deduct TCS, then that too will be deducted at a higher rate under section 206CC.
Will have to loosen the pocket again
The Income Tax Department has said that if PAN and Aadhaar are not linked till the stipulated time, then from July 1, its losses will start appearing. This will remain so until you get your PAN card operative again. You will also have to pay for this work. This means that if the inoperative PAN is activated again, then a fee of Rs 1000 will have to be paid. This is the reason why the department is constantly warning that PAN and Aadhaar should be linked.
How to check your status
- First of all go to the official site e-filing website of Income Tax.
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number in it.
- Then submit by entering the captcha code given below.
- You will get the status of PAN card linking on the screen.
Apart from this, you can also know the status of your PAN and Aadhaar linking by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161 by typing UIDPAN-12 digit Aadhaar number-10 digit PAN number. Shortly after sending the message, your status report will also be received through SMS.