Provident Fund Balance Check Process : If you are an employee, then you must know about the amount deducted from your salary every month in the name of Provident Fund (PF ).
Some part of this is deposited in the PF account by the employee and some part by the employer. Recently, news has come that about 98 percent of the contributory companies linked to the Employees’ Provident Fund ( EPF ) have deposited the interest for the financial year 2021-22 till March 6 in the accounts of the members. For the financial year 2021-22, the interest rate on EPF was fixed at 8.1 percent.
In such a situation, if you are also entitled to it, then check as soon as possible whether this amount has been deposited in your PF account or not. For this, you can check the balance by following the steps given below.
Information given in Lok Sabha
Many Members of Parliament and representatives of employees’ organizations have been raising the issue of non-credit of interest for a long time. Therefore, Union Minister of State for Labor and Employment Rameshwar Teli gave this information in a written reply in the Lok Sabha.
The Union Minister said that crediting of interest in EPF accounts is a continuous process and after the implementation of the new software, credit is being done in a prescribed manner. He said that due to the new rules related to TDS, the process of depositing interest has been a bit slow.
Check PF balance like this
Balance check from EPFO portal
- PF balance can be checked from the official website of EPFO. For this visit www.epfindia.gov.in.
- After the window opens, click on the E-PassBook option.
- On the new page click on UAN and enter the password.
- Enter the captcha code given below and click on the login button.
- After login, select the Member ID option and now the passbook will be available in PDF format.
Balance check through SMS or missed call
- To check balance through missed call, give a missed call to the number 9966044425 given by EPFO.
- After a few seconds of disconnection of the call, the complete details of the account will reach you through the message.
- To get information through SMS, a message has to be sent by writing ‘EPFOHO UAN’ to this number.
- After sending the message, complete details will be sent by EPFO through SMS. Please tell that information can be taken in 10 languages through SMS.
Keep these things in mind before taking balance
Before taking information about your PF account by EPFO, keep these things in mind that your UAN should be active. Also, UAN should be linked to any of your bank accounts, Aadhaar and PAN.