PF UAN number (UAN) issued by EPFO never changes. On changing jobs, the employee has to share UAN with the new company. Therefore, this is a very important number and every employee should know it.
EPFO issues a 12-digit Universal Account Number (UAN) to every PF account holder, like the Aadhaar number. To do any work related to PF account, you need UAN number. Without UAN, neither PF balance can be checked nor mobile number can be added to the account. Similarly, without UAN number, passbook cannot be downloaded nor PF amount can be transferred. Knowing all this, you must have understood the importance of UAN.
No matter how many jobs an employee changes, the UAN number of the PF account remains the same. On changing jobs, the employee has to inform the UAN to the new company. Therefore every employee should know this. But, sometimes the employee forgets his UAN number. If you have also forgotten your UAN number then you do not need to be disappointed. You can know this sitting at home.
How to know UAN number online:
You can also know UAN number online. For this you will have to go to the official website of EPFO https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php. You can check UAN online only if your mobile number is linked to the PF account. Because, the rest of the process will be completed only with the help of OTP received on the mobile number.
- Visit the official website of EPFO www.epfindia.gov.in
- On the home page, go to Services, go to For Employees section, then go to its Services section and click on Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP).
- A new page will open. Go to the Important Links given on the right side and click on Know your UAN.
- After doing this, a new page will open in front of you, enter your registered mobile number here, enter the captcha and click.
- Do OTP validation by entering OTP on mobile.
- Now a new page will open. Fill name and then date of birth in it. Then enter member ID, Aadhaar or PAN number and also enter captcha. Then click on Show My UAN.
- Your UAN number will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- This is the way to activate UAN online
- Go to EPFO website and click on For Employee option in the Services menu.
- After this, click on the Member UAN/Online Service option visible on the Services page.
- A login page will open, click on the option of Activate Universal Account Number (UAN) visible below it.
- Here, after filling your UAN number, date of birth, mobile number and captcha text, click on Get Authorization Pin.
- An OTP will come on the registered mobile number. After filling it, verify the details. After doing this click on Agree. After this UAN has to be activated.
- It takes at least six hours for the UAN number to be activated.